Photography : Le Madeagerald
When we were kids, we had nothing to worry about. I remember the only thing that got me a little worried was doing my homework in time before my favorite cartoon started on TV. That was the beauty of being a child; not having to worry about anything serious. Now that I am all grown, I have grasped a different perspective towards life. l have accepted that obstacles are always going to be part of this journey hence the need for a different approach to life.
Between trying to build a better future and taking care of ourselves in the now, it’s easy to get carried away. I used to be annoyingly cautious about every little step I take in my life, I still am (a little). That was before I met my boyfriend. He has a very strong, positive mindset. To this day, i wonder how he does it. Suffices to say that over the years it kinda rubbed off on me (this was inevitable) and I realized that to worry about tomorrow, to worry about yesterday will not change anything. You know why? Because God always has a plan. So instead of worrying, I strive to choose happiness.
Even though it’s no walk in the park, here are 5 guidelines I use to always stay positive and being happy:
- Start with the Lord. Our roots as human beings are in biblical scriptures and tradition. God has a thorough knowledge of each one of us and can read our very hearts. Since he knows us so well, how can we doubt that he knows what is best for us? He sees everything, looks deeper than any human, and knows the outcome of things from their beginning.
- Accept that problems are part of life. Always choose to see the light in every situation and trust in God. (Read Haggai 2 vs 5)
- Make fear your enemy. I remember our reverend preaching about how satan fights us through fear and lack of faith. Everyone has a little bit of fear when it comes to the future because it’s unknown. I know, because I’ve been there. Always gun for the top and there can never be room for doubts or second thoughts. Be dominant.
- Feed your Soul. Decide what you want to be. Talk to God about it. We all have something we like doing. Deep down in our hearts, there is that one thing we wish to do, usually aligned to our dreams. Find something that you’re passionate about and that sets your soul on fire. Work on that because there is more satisfaction in that. Satisfaction = Happiness.
- Live life boldly and constantly seek new experiences both internally and externally. Remember that Today is all you will ever have. Make the best out of it! You may enjoy traveling, or just trying out different things, It doesn’t really matter what it is, as long as you’re doing something that you enjoy. Constantly evolve. Procrastination will steal what is meant for you because there can never be boundaries once you start pushing things to tomorrow or the day after. Do it NOW.
Keeping in mind that I am not a life coach, I am no expert on life either. I am just a 25-year-old girl still trying to get the hang of life. However, I want this platform to be a reflection of positive energy and a source of inspiration even to myself because trust me, i do have my gloomy days. So from time to time you will notice that I like sharing somethings which may have nothing to with fashion. Blogging is powerful tool and every chance I get to share a positive message, i will do so. Remember to choose happiness always. I pray you will find this post useful, if not today, maybe someday.
Thank you for stopping by.
Love & Light.